How To Develop Guest Packages
To attract more visitors to your bed and breakfast, develop guest packages. Packages are a great way to reinforce your brand and your inn’s image. This also allows you to offer discounts without cutting your room prices. When you bundle several items, services, and features together, this adds more revenue to your B&B business.
Wondering how to come up with some great ideas for bed and breakfast packages? Can you offer some courses or classes? If you teach a particular skill (or can find a teacher), offer to host a bed and breakfast retreat. Potentially, you could fill all of your rooms.
- Artist Retreat
- Bird Watching Retreat
- Book Club Retreat
- Culinary Kitchen Getaway
- Farming Retreat
- Board Games Retreat
- Gardening Getaway
- Photography Retreat
- Quilters Retreat
- Scrapbooking Retreat
- Writers Retreat
- Yoga Retreat
What about featuring local attractions in your area?
- Entertainment Package
- Historic Tours Package
- Restaurant Package
- Spectator Sports Package
- Wine Lovers Package
Do you want to attract a specific group of people?
- Class Reunions
- Family Reunions
- Girlfriend Getaways
How about offering a promotional package during each season?
- Winter Specials: activities like ice skating, skiing, and snowmobiling
- Spring Renewal: everything starts to bloom again
- Summer Fun in the Sun: can include amusement or water park tickets
- Fall Foliage: certain parts of the country are known for their beautiful autumn colors
Is there a specific sport or physical activity that is popular in your area?
- Bike Tours
- Golf Getaways
- Horseback Riding
- Snow Skiing
What about promoting the holidays to your guests?
- New Year’s Package
- Valentine’s Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Package
- Christmas Package
The bed and breakfast package could center around guests’ relationships.
- Anniversary Package
- Babymoon Package
- Family Travel Deals
- Honeymooners Package (you can offer this even if you do not host weddings)
- Romance Package (not just for Valentine’s Day, but for any time of the year)
- Wedding Package
There are so many different package possibilities, depending upon where you are located and your interests:
- For mystery lovers, you could offer a Murder Mystery Weekend Package.
- For couples or single travelers looking to be pampered have a Massage Package or Spa Retreat.
- If you live near a university, you may offer a package to the Parents of College Students.
- If your inn is close to a number of major businesses or hosts business conferences, you may offer a Business Travelers Package.
- If you would like to offer discounts to a specific groups of people you can: Military Special, Senior Citizen Discount, Teachers Discount, etc.
- If you are a green inn, you could offer a discount to those driving cars with alternative fuel options. You can reward your guests for being eco-friendly and helping Clean the World.
For more alternatives, offer an a-la-carte approach and let your guests create their own package by choosing from specific add-ons you offer. They could add chocolate, flowers, heart-shaped balloons, teddy bears, and other special upgrades to their room price.
Packages can be centered around the time of the week the stay, “Midweek Specials” for slower times during the middle of the week. “Spontaneous Specials” for last minute bookings for spontaneous travelers. Even a Frequent Stay or Extended-Stay Discount.
There are many more bed and breakfast packages that you can put together based on what is in your local area, the types of guests you are trying to attract, your skills, and your amenities. The key is to design your packages around the desires of the guests you want to attract.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media