Frequently Asked Questions
When potential guests arrive at your website, do they have all the pertinent information they need in order to know that they want to stay at your bed and breakfast? Your website needs to be informative and friendly enough so that guests can be assured that your bed and breakfast is the one they want to stay at.
Consider having a “FAQ” (frequently asked questions) section on your website. This can list questions and answers about your inn and the surrounding area. The following are examples:
- What amenities do you offer? This is your opportunity to list things like their own telephone, wi-fi access, jacuzzi or hot tub, air conditioning, cable television, library, a suite, private bathroom, etc.
- What can I do in the area? Answering this question gives you the chance to brag about the fun things to do in your area. This is when you can talk about shopping, area attractions, favorite restaurants, arenas to see sports and concerts, and more!
- Can you tell me what to expect for breakfast? You can indicate the time breakfast is normally served, if they can make arrangements to adjust the time, what is normally served, if special dietary needs can be accommodated, and if breakfast can be delivered to their room.
- Do you allow children to be guests? You may allow children, but require a specific minimum age or you may decide to keep it only open to adults.
- Do you allow pets? Do you have pets living at your bed and breakfast? You may allow pets or have separate cottages for your guests to stay in with their pets. Some B&B owners have pets that live in the B&B, but their pets may be restricted to only specific areas of the place.
- What about the details? This is where you can bring up how you handle early arrivals and late departures, your credit card policies, if you have a minimum number of nights they must stay, and if you have any discounts or special packages.
- How much privacy will we have? You can answer their questions such as if there is a common area to meet other guests and if they have to interact with the other guests at breakfast and if they will hear the other guests behind the walls.
- Do you allow smoking? 92% of all B&B’s do not allow smoking inside. There is a trend for healthier environments. Most states do not allow smoking in public restaurants.
- Where do the innkeepers sleep? Many times you live on the premises or just a few minutes away. It gives guests peace of mind to know that they will be able to reach you if and when they need to do so.
Having an FAQ section, on your website, helps answer any frequently asked questions they may be too timid to ask, but truly want to know. I also recommend giving guests, who have paid for one of your rooms, a number where they can always reach you in case of emergency. This helps everyone feel more comfortable!