Do You Know What Makes You Different From Your Competition?
Businesses always have competitors, so do you know what makes you different from your competition? Do you clearly show why bed and breakfast guests should stay with you and NOT another local inn or a hotel?
No matter what kind of B&B you have, you can emphasize your specific amenities, strengths, and accomplishments. Examples include:
- Accommodating to Guests’ Dietary Restrictions
- Art on Display and/or Guests Creating Art (with Instructor) During Their Stay
- Bikes Available for Guests to Use During Their Stay
- Breakfast Delivered to Your Room
- Business Amenities: High Speed Internet, Desks, Electronic Charging of Devices
- Community Outreach, Local Volunteer Service, and/or Sponsoring a Cause
- Consistent (and Exceptionally High) Online Reviews from Guests
- Culinary Classes or Retreat for Your Guests or Your Own Cookbook
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- B&B Farm with Animals to Pet and Products (Such as Goat Cheese)
- Fresh Floral Arrangements in Guest Rooms (Part of a Package)
- Game Room with Pool Table, Ping Pong Table, Chess, etc.
- Gardening Awards for Incredibly Beautiful and Well-Maintained Grounds
- Gift Shop with Coffee Mugs, T-Shirts, Postcards, etc.
- Gourmet Chocolate and/or Chocolate Desserts with Hot Cocoa or Coffee
- Green Leader in the Hospitality Industry
- Guest Packages Customized for Specific Interests and/or Occasions
- Host Elegant Private Events Like Parties, Retreats, Receptions, and Weddings
- Indoor and/or Outdoor Pool for Guests to Use
- Library of Books and Other Media Available to Your Guests
- Local Love from Other Local Businesses (Receiving Word of Mouth Referrals)
- Logo That Is Memorable and/or Catchy Slogan for Your Inn
- Luxurious Spa or Private In-Room Massage Service
- Modern Inn with Modern Decor and Amenities
- Movie Theater Screening Room
- Only Historic Bed and Breakfast in Your Town
- Partnership with a Tour Guide Company That Picks Up Your Guests
- Picnic Lunch Option for Your Guests (Can Be Part of a Package)
- Plenty of Free Parking Available to Guests and Well-Lit Inn at Night
- Private Wine Tastings or a Complimentary Social Hour with Wine and Cheese
- Professional Photography of Your Inn and The Food You Serve Your Guests
- Restaurant Inn Open to the Public (Not Limited to Your Overnight Guests)
- Strong Online Social Media Presence
- Tickets to Local Concerts or Events (For An Additional Fee)
- Won a Local, Regional, or Even National Best Recipe Contest
- Yoga and/or Fitness Focused Inn with Classes for Guests
When you know HOW you are different from your competition, then you can be sure to communicate your message of uniqueness to attract even more guests. Be sure to feature what makes your inn different in regular blog posts as well as in social media. This is a successful way to position your own brand. Make your B&B the obvious first choice for those looking to stay in your area!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media