TwoFour is a UK independent media group that was founded in 1989 by Charles Wace, a former TV news producer. In 2013 it was named the largest true independent media group in the UK and the largest producer of documentary content, employing over 350 people internationally and turning over £58 million in 2013. With headquarters in Plymouth, TwoFour has offices across the globe including London and Los Angeles.
TwoFour is currently casting for a brand new series called “Our Dream Hotel” and they are shooting it over the course of the next year, to go out on C5 in the Autumn of 2016. Each episode will feature one couple/family’s renovation/redesign/reimagining of a building, as they transform it into a hotel, bed and breakfast, or guest house. They are looking to find three such stories in the UK, and film three abroad (Europe).
In an ideal world they would follow each renovation from the very start to the very end – but they are realistic enough to know that life isn’t like that! So, instead, they are looking for projects they can join whilst there is still some degree of work to be done (at least 50%), so that they can follow the journey all the way along to opening.
Here are some of the questions they would ask the people interested in being cast for the show:
- Tell me a bit about yourself and your family
- Why this house? Why this ‘project’?
- Have you had much experience in either building renovation or the hospitality industry before now?
- Can you talk me through the work you have had done, what needs to be done, and what the major points on your schedule are?
- When do you hope to be open, and in what capacity?
- What do you currently feel most daunted by?
- How are you funding this build, and how important is it that the venture is a commercial success?”
If you’re interested in finding out more, then simply email Stephanie directly at Stephanie.Hernandez@twofour.co.uk Thank you, Stephanie, for asking me to share this with my Bed and Breakfast Blogging readers!