Why Big Mill Bed and Breakfast Is So Special
Big Mill Bed and Breakfast is more than a bed and breakfast. It is the original farmstead in Williamston, North Carolina that has been in the family since 1922. In fact, Innkeeper Chloe Tuttle was born here! With over 200 acres of grounds, guests are free to roam the original farm buildings and explore the expansive woodlands.
All five of her guest rooms and suites have private entrances and magnificent views of the lake. Guests are welcome to fish from a row boat on this lake.
Chloe continues to update and redecorate this special inn to keep it fresh. It is hard to believe that the Pack House, now a spacious suite, was once used to grade the tobacco for market.
Guests enjoy jams and preserves in season (blackberries, blueberries, figs, and grapes) from the farm orchard. Chloe’s menu uses many locally grown foods. She is happy to share her delicious recipes (including homemade granolas) with her guests and many of her recipes can be found on her Chloe’s Blog. She also is a talented photographer that captures not only her food, but outdoor nature photography.
Chloe Tuttle, and Big Mill Bed and Breakfast, is no stranger to media attention:
- Our State Magazine has featured Chloe & Big Mill both in print and online
- Scott Simon from NPR’s Weekend Edition interviewed Chloe about her “Snow Cream” recipe
- ABC News featured Big Mill as one of the “10 Eco-Friendly Inns for Earth Day”
Here on the farm, they have been “earth friendly” for generations. Big Mill Bed and Breakfast has been honored with the highest award NC Green Travel gives and Chloe is part of Trip Advisor’s Green Leaders program.
- Laundry is hung to dry on a long, sturdy clothesline
- Everything that can be gets recycled or reused
- Low-voltage lighting used wherever possible
- Air-circulating ceiling fans are in most of the rooms throughout the inn
- Water is drawn from the inn’s well
- Plants are grown in a “rain gutter garden”
- On the North Carolina Birding Trail
In addition, Big Mill Bed and Breakfast hosts weddings. Chloe’s website says, “Tuxedos to blue jeans–this is your day.” More than one bride has been pictured in her wedding dress alongside her groom on a motorcycle! Ask Chloe about her all-inclusive elopement or vow-renewal package.
Chloe Tuttle is a friendly and talented innkeeper, gardener, chef, blogger, photographer, historian, and so much more. Just ask Chloe if you want to have an extended stay at Big Mill B&B. She loves to have the traveling nurses and doctors.
Guests will love staying at Big Mill Bed and Breakfast in Williamston, a member of the prestigious North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Inns. Conveniently located just two hours from Raleigh, North Carolina and two hours from Norfolk, Virginia yet a stay at Big Mill B&B can be a fun vacation away from your cares!