Bed and Breakfast Shops
Have you ever thought of having one of your very own bed and breakfast shops? This could be located on the same grounds as your bed and breakfast? If it has a separate entrance, you can serve not only your own bed and breakfast guests, but also members of your community and other shoppers in the area.
Some B&B owners sell items with their own name and/or logo on them:
- Apparel: aprons, hoodies, sweatshirts, T-shirts
- Bags: backpacks, drawstring bags, tote bags
- Homemade: herb dips, jams, seasonings, soaps
- Kitchen: coasters, coffee mugs, cookbooks, glassware
- Office: calendars, letter openers, journals, pens, stationery
- Outdoors: beach towels, blankets, coolers, umbrella
- Tourist items: greeting cards, key chains, postcards
Some bed and breakfast owners sell antiques such as clocks and furniture as well as collectibles. If you are within local zoning laws and have the resources, space, and time, you can sell just about anything at your B&B’s shop. Think about what you, or the people in your community, do. For example, you could sell the work of local artists. Remember, anything with your bed and breakfast’s name or logo on it will serve as a reminder of your inn!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media