What Motivates You?
What motivates you? What inspires you? If you know the answer to those two questions, it can give you the strength and energy you need to persevere day in and day out.
How did you come to be bed and breakfast owners? Whether you are new to inn-keeping or have been hosting guests for years, we all need to remind ourselves why we do what it is we do.
Your reasons can include:
- Like to have your own business
- Love entertaining guests
- Enjoy cooking gourmet breakfasts
- Get to tend a beautiful and fruitful garden
- Appreciate meeting new people
- Skilled at managing the books
- Having fun decorating and remodeling
- Have a vision for its growth
When you remember why, then it becomes easier to tackle daily chores and responsibilities. You are building your future and allowing your guests to have a wonderful experience they will always remember.
When your guests have a great experience, they are likely to let their friends know all about it and to return at a later date. Some of your best visits will be from returning guests to which you had a special connection.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography