Verify Your Website To Pin Smarter
Pinterest helps people discover things in a simple and visual way. Pinners might find something they love while browsing your boards, scrolling through a category you’re listed in or searching for your bed and breakfast directly. It is important to verify your website to pin smarter.
Pinterest offers Business sites to help brands and businesses who wish to use Pinterest to connect with their audience. In this blog post I will tell you exactly why you want to verify your bed and breakfast’s website for your Business Pinterest Profile. Without verifying your website, you will be missing some very important information!
First, to verify your website, visit your Settings page and click on the Verify Website button. When your website is verified, people will see a checkmark next to your domain in search results. They will also see the full website URL and checkmark on your profile.
The verification badge helps people identify high-quality sources of content and more easily find the business they want in search results. There you’ll find Pinterest tools and resources relevant to you, and see examples of how other businesses are using Pinterest.
- Pinning from various sources rather than one specific site.
- Pinning from within Pinterest to engage with others (pinning is one of the most social activities on Pinterest and it’s how any user really builds his/her network of followers)
- Creating at least a few boards that cover a broad range of interests, rather than maintaining a single board devoted to one topic.
- B&B’s can have spas, salons, and shops
- Bed and breakfasts can offer retreats and some perform weddings
- All the wonderful amenities bed and breakfasts offer
- About your wonderful hospitality and homemade cooking
Pinterest can also be a great tool to learn what your audience and potential guests like. Once your website is verified, you have access to Pinterest Analytics. This is the why I was talking about. This shows you which pins are most popular with pinners and see which pins are driving the most traffic to your site!
You can also see what boards your stuﬀ appears on, how the pins are described and what people pin along with your stuﬀ. All of these insights will help you make smarter choices about what you pin and even develop a pinning strategy when you pin smarter. Watch out: pinning can be addictive!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media