Bed and Breakfast Blogging recommends the book The Power of Visual Storytelling: How to Use Visuals, Videos, and Social Media to Market Your Brand by authors Ekaterina Walter and Jessica Gioglio. Earlier, we gave an introduction to the book as well as featured some of their Pinterest tips. This post will specifically look at their YouTube tips.
YouTube (the second largest search engine) began in 2005 and is owned by Google (the largest search engine). It is great for brand channels since businesses can place an intelligent banner image, embed social media links, and even feature a thirty second video trailer.
Important YouTube facts to know:
- The average YouTube viewer spends 900 seconds per day watching videos
- 44% of YouTube users are between the ages of 12 to 34 years old
- Over 829,000 videos are uploaded each day
- 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every single minute
- 3 billion views daily on YouTube
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the United States
- YouTube is localized in 53 countries and across 61 languages
- 25% of global YouTube videos come from mobile devices
Authors Ekaterina Walter and Jessica Gioglio recommend that businesses be responsive to their audience. Show an informal look at your company. Video is a very flexible way to tell a company’s story and have a global reach. The key is to add value, inform, and entertain. This is a great way to do what social media expert Shannon Belew calls social selling.
The average video length is 2 minutes and 46 seconds. Businesses should optimize their content for keywords used by their industry. Discover the terms your target market is searching for and develop your videos around that.
Consider posting videos in response to comments and questions. Let your fans and customers tell their own stories. One of your videos could go viral (spread quickly over the internet). Thus, businesses should use YouTube to tap into The Power of Storytelling.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography