Social media success is possible for any business owner including innkeepers. Using social media is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to get the word out about your own business, products, and ideas. The popular social media websites include:
- Facebook (one of the first big social media sites)
- Twitter (limited to 140 characters per tweet–which forces people to get to the point!)
- Linked In (the best business social media network where you establish connections with other professionals)
- Google Plus (you can add people to your circles)
- Pinterest (you can post pictures of your bed and breakfast–inside and out!)
Social media is an industry by itself. People can actually earn social media certification through various programs both online and offline. There are search engine optimization (SEO) experts who will tell you that it is extremely important that people have blogs using keywords that are relevant to their audience.
The search engines love it when you generate a lot of traffic regularly to your website and they reward you with higher rankings. Many businesses seek to be one of the first search results for a specific set of keywords.
Blogs need to be written regularly so people know they can come back to your blog for relevant, useful, up-to-date information. I hope I have encouraged you to think about the possibilities of widening your particular audience by using social media!