Do your B&B headlines get attention? Co-Schedule offers a free tool called the “Headline Analyzer.” It promises that you will learn how to write headlines that drive traffic, shares, and search results. This is especially important in the travel industry.
So why are headlines so important? It’s because they’re the first lines of your copy that customers read. They create an initial impression that either draws readers in or pushes them away. In this fast-paced online world, it is important to stand out and capture the focus of your potential bed and breakfast guests.
The headline alone can make or break your ad, homepage, or e-mail subject line. It sets the tone for the rest of the copy. If the headline pulls readers in, you may make more money; if not, you’ll be left wondering what happened.
Headline writing tips to keep in mind:
- Your headline should be unique.
- Your headline should be ultra-specific.
- Your headline should convey a sense of urgency.
- Your headline should be useful.
The following headline ideas are just a starting point. You can be as creative as you want to be. The goal is to create headlines that motivate people to continue to read about your inn.
The Secret [fill in the blank]
This is an opportunity to share insider knowledge of your local area to benefit your potential guests. Help your bed and breakfast guests know more about your local area. Where are great local places for dining, sight-seeing, and other fun activities in your immediate area.
- The Secret To Discovering
Who Else Wants [fill in the blank]
By asking “who else wants” you are implying that there is a consensus about this desire.
- Who Else Wants More Fun and Less Stress When on Vacation?
What Everybody Wants To Know About [fill in the blank]
This headline challenges the reader’s curiosity to see if they are missing some knowledge.
- What Everybody Wants To Know About Staying at a Bed and Breakfast
Now you can have [something desirable] and [great circumstance]
This is another version of the classic expression “have your cake and eat it too.”
- Now You Can Go On Vacation and Enjoy It Too
[#] [Facts or Ideas or Lessons or Principles or Reasons or Secrets or Steps or Tricks or Ways] [fill in the blank]
Numbers in headlines get attention and people love lists. They are easy to scan and readers know how much content to expect from the blog post.
- 10 Facts About Bed and Breakfasts You Didn’t Know
- 5 Ideas to Make Your Vacation More Memorable
- 7 Lessons About Spending Time With Those You Love
- 3 Principles to Making Love Relationships Work
- 9 Reasons To Vacation More
- 4 Secrets To Melting Stress Away
- 8 Steps To Relaxing While On Vacation
- 11 Tricks To Packing More Efficiently
- 6 Ways To Strengthen Your Romantic Relationships