How to Stand Out In a Crowded, Distracted World
Standing out in a crowded, distracted world is the topic of author Nick Westergaard’s book Brand Now. He argues that a brand that stands for something stands out. By standing out, you appeal to our hearts and minds of your customers. Westergaard asserts that your brand should be inspiring to others.
The author asks a series of questions throughout the book, to get readers to really understand their brand and how to communicate it to their audience.
- What do you do and for whom (your brand promise)?
- What is your audience struggling with?
- What do your ideal customers care about?
- What matters to them?
- How do you make their lives better?
- What’s your reason for doing what you do?
- Do you have a distinct brand voice?
- What aspects most show your brand’s personality?
- What actor or actress would play your brand?
- If your brand were a movie, what would be the genre and the plot?
- What do you want your customers to do?
- How can you create a better brand experience?
- What kind of content can your brand create that no one else can?
- What is your compelling story?
Mr. Westergaard shares the following brand tips with his readers:
- People are looking for meaning now more than ever so understand who your brand is and what you must do.
- Understand your brand and spark (why you’re here) and your promise (what you do and for whom).
- Stories are patterns your brand can use for communicating who you are and what you stand for.
- Create content that conveys meaning and tells your story as boldly as possible.
- Reach out to your community and encourage user-generated content.
- Make sure your brand is coherent (that every message is saying the same thing and amplifying your meaning).
Wondering how to apply this to your business? Take the time to thoughtfully answer those questions as they apply to you and your inn. If you have a compelling story, add that in the “About Us” section of your website. Share guest testimonials (that affirm that your brand provides what it says it does) on your website and in social media.
You’re welcome to read some of our related blog posts:
- How to Easily Brand Your Bed and Breakfast
- How to Identify Your Unique Selling Proposition
- Do You Know What Makes Your Inn Stand Out?
Are you looking for more clarity about your hospitality business? Are you wanting to know more about how you can be standing out to your guests? Kristi Dement of Bed and Breakfast Blogging offers an initial free consultation. Contact her today!
Follow B&B Blogging on Social Media