NC Bed and Breakfast Inns
NC Bed and Breakfast Inns Association started in 1985. For over thirty years, they have been dedicated to serving those traveling to North Carolina. This non-profit, statewide organization recognized the need for an association to ensure high standards in safety, housekeeping, food service, comfort, and hospitality for all member inns. The traveling public can have confidence in their lodging.
NC Bed and Breakfast Inns is the first state association in the United States to require rigorous inspections as a condition of membership. To maintain these standards, NCBBI re-inspects member inns every two years.
The Many Benefits to B&B Membership in the NCBBI Association:
- Networking, educational, and marketing opportunities
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date about meeting the needs of travelers
- Keep up with the latest requirements for state and local laws and standards
- Show potential guests that they can expect a higher level of service
- The prestige and credibility of passing their rigorous inspection
- Regular blog and social media activity
- Their printed travel planners found at welcome centers, tourism attractions, visitor bureaus & chambers of commerce throughout North Carolina
- Quarterly newsletters and monthly emails with important industry-related news, alerts, opportunities, reminders, and updates
From East to West, North Carolina measures 580 miles. That is more than a day’s drive, so NCBBI encourages guests to stay in more than one region as they travel around our gorgeous state. Based on the topography of North Carolina, the association has assigned three different regions.
- Coastal Region: to find the perfect B&B in the Coast, near the Atlantic Ocean, beautiful beaches, birding, water sports, boating and summer fun.
- Piedmont Region: to find the perfect B&B in the middle Piedmont region, where you’ll find dynamic growing cities, wineries, universities, golf, lakes and rivers.
- Mountain Region: to find the perfect B&B in the Western Mountains region, home to the beautiful Smoky Mountains, the Blue Ridge parkway, the Biltmore Estate, waterfalls, hiking and fall foliage.
The North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Inns Association features specials and packages from member inns on their website. The specials include for military, veterans, and emergency workers (like police, fire and EMS) as well as last minute guests. Innkeepers also offer creative packages so guests can relax and enjoy their stay:
- Anniversary or birthday
- Girlfriends getaway
- Local activities
- Picnic lunch
- Wine and Dine
From their website, The North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Inns Association offer its online visitors an opportunity to purchase their NCBBI cookbook so they can sample the best of North Carolina cooking with their collection of bed and breakfast and inn recipes. In addition to the cookbook, give the gift of memories by purchasing lodging gift certificates (available in $50 increments) that may be used at any NCBBI member B&B.
An NCBBI gift certificate is a thoughtful way to say “thank you” or to surprise someone special. They are also great gifts for special occasions like anniversaries, honeymoons, birthdays, and retirements.
The NC Bed and Breakfast Inns website lists North Carolina events (searching either by name, type of event, event date, or venue). They also provide a way to search for local North Carolina attractions by its name, location and type of attraction, or by a specific local area (within a designated amount of miles).
Together you can promote all the wonderful things that your state has to offer its visitors. You can educate potential guests about everything that comes included when they stay at a bed and breakfast. You will also have a network of innkeepers with which to ask questions and refer each other business when your own inns are full. Those are just some of the many reasons why it is important to belong to a bed and breakfast association.Follow B&B Blogging on Social Media