The variety of murder mystery options include any of the following:
- Using written kits with script booklets.
- Assigning roles ahead of time and providing each guest with lines.
- Some of the murders occur in previous eras such as the 1920’s.
- Providing wardrobe options including outfits, hats, and scarves.
- Hosting a meal during the mystery.
- Having participants look for clues in pairs.
- Encouraging guests to take pictures to prove their alibis.
- Having your staff act as characters in the mystery.
- Spreading the scenes of the mystery out over the weekend.
- Solving the mystery in one evening.
Advise your guests:
- Arrive in plenty of time to settle in and participate.
- If applicable, to bring their scripts.
- They can bring clothes and props for their roles (if they know it ahead of time).
- Inspire your guests to question or point to others with motive and opportunity.
- Assure your guests that you will not let them fall out of character.
You can market your murder mysteries on your website, in your blog, on social media, and through your associations. Some bed and breakfast owners even offer a promotion code for guests to get a discount on their room. Your bed and breakfast does not necessarily have to be historic or haunted in order to offer this type of event. The bottom line is that your guests thoroughly enjoy themselves in the process of solving the murder mystery!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography