How To Let Someone Know About Your Inn
How to let someone know about your inn…there are many ways to do this. The more creative and original you let them know about your inn, the more likely you will get bookings. Try answering questions that they will likely want to know.
- Why do most people stay at your bed and breakfast?
- What do guests love most about your inn?
- What are you most known for?
- What makes your inn unique?
- Why do most people visit your city?
- What is the best kept secret about your area?
It is important to understand why people stay at your bed and breakfast. There could be many reasons, including some of the following:
- Your luxurious amenities
- Your gourmet breakfasts
- Your warm hosptiality
- Your ideal location
- Your thoughtful packages
- Your reasonable rates
Pay attention to your guest comments and feedback. Keep track of guest compliments so you are sure to continue getting that response. On the flip side, make note of negative feedback, so you can make the appropriate changes. Knowing what guests love the most (and what they don’t love at all) helps you provide the best environment possible to your guests.
Are you, your inn, or your area famous for anything? For example, you could have won a breakfast recipe. Your inn may have received a prestigious award. You area could be home to the world’s most awesome event.
Be sure to emphasize these accolades in your marketing messages. Marketing messages can be spoken (e.g. what you tell your guests in person or over the phone), be online (e.g. your blog, newsletter, or website), or be in print (e.g. your sign or your brochure).
It is fundamental that you know what makes your inn so special. What do you offer that other area accommodations do not? In marketing, this is called your “unique selling point(s).”
What attracts people to your local area? It could be one or more of the following:
In response to the question, “What is your area’s best kept secret?” you could reply in any of the following ways:
- Tell about a famous local legend
- Recommend your favorite local restaurant
- Reveal a local hot spot not commonly known to tourists
- Reassure them you are not hiding any local area secrets and that you will gladly answer all of their questions to the best of your ability
Thus, answering guest questions they want more information on is a great way to let someone know about your bed and breakfast inn.
Images by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media