Feature The Benefits of Your Unique Inn
If you feature the benefits of your unique inn, you will attract more guests. Good marketers use features to explain and develop benefits. People often get features and benefits mixed up. That’s easy to do. Features are characteristics of the product or service, while benefits are positive values to the purchaser.
Let me illustrate with relevant bed and breakfast inn examples.
Bed and Breakfast Features:
- 8 bedrooms each with private baths
- conference room
- electric vehicle charging
- outdoor swimming pool
- wired internet
B&B Guest Benefits:
- comfort of your own private bathroom
- convenience of a conference room on site
- environmental friendliness of electric vehicle charging
- romantic appeal of fireplaces
- relaxation and health appeal of your spa
- refreshing dip in the pool on a hot summer day
- enjoyment of free internet access throughout your inn
Also take the time to note what your previous guests have commented or listed in their online reviews. Not all feedback will be positive because you cannot possible please everyone all the time. You can take potentially negative comments (or objections) and market them in a positive light. Put this on your website and share in social media.
- “Out in the middle of nowhere”= “get away from the hustle and bustle of the city”
- “Too expensive” = “great value for all that is included in your stay”
- “Rains a lot” = “plenty to do inside if it rains such as…”
Now it’s your turn. What benefits (not just features) do your guests receive when they stay with you? For example, if you have a game room, you can write, “Guests have fun playing our games in our billiard room.” Be sure to show pictures of your pool table, chess set, Scrabble board game, and even jigsaw puzzles (see below) and post on Facebook, for instance.
Also, take note of any guest complaints you have and see if you can turn it into a positive. For example, a vegetarian bed and breakfast may receive a complaint that they do not serve meat, but they can share guest testimonials about their delicious, hearty, and healthy vegetarian breakfasts. Of course, be sure to get the permission from guests, before you put any pictures of them online.
Since each inn is different, notice what your guests say about your inn. Then you are well on your way to attracting more guests when you feature the benefits of your unique inn.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography
Follow B&B Blogging on Social Media