Creative and Fun Decorating Ideas
You want your bed and breakfast to stand out to your guests and make a great impression. The following is a list of creative decorating ideas:
- Keep in mind the geographical location of your bed and breakfast when you choose your color theme. So if it is near water, you can use a them based on light brown sand, pink seashells and corals, ocean blues, and sunny yellows. If you are in the mountains or a forested area, you can use colors found in the woods, such as deep greens and cranberry reds.
- There are many different approaches to decorating your inns’ bedrooms. For a traditional bed-and-breakfast look, use Victorian-style furniture. For a cottage-style B&B, put handmade quilts on the bed with matching shams.
- In order for your decor to flow, keep a consistent period or style decor throughout, varying in color themes only from room to room.
- Put natural-finish or painted wicker chairs near the bedroom windows. Put floral fabric cushions in the chairs and add a matching ottoman. If your B&B has wicker furniture, it is best to use the same style of wicker seating in the main living area as on the front porch.
- Decorate the main living area according to its size. For an extra large living room, arrange several small groups of chairs. For a smaller room, place a large couch in front of a fireplace, with a chair on each side. For a relaxed cottage-style look, put loose-fitting canvas slipcovers on the furniture.
- Accessorize with wall art that reflects nature in the area or local artists and artisans. Fill a large empty vase with rocks or shells that you or your guests have collected from the beach, woods or a neighboring lake. Place skis on the wall like shown in the above picture for artistic flair.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media