Promoting your bed and breakfast does not have to be hard. There are some easy ways to promote your B&B. You can spread the good word about your inn.
- Put your name and logo on things like your coffee mugs (this mug is from Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast in Missoula, Montana) and make them available for your guests to purchase as a momento
- Join a bed and breakfast association. This could be an association in your state. If your state has several locations, select the one you think will give you the most exposure or that has the most value. They can put your B&B in their marketing materials as well as list you on their website.
- Hire a blog writer who keeps readers informed about your upcoming events, highlights fun things to do in your community, shares your recipes and decorating tips, etc.
- Gain an active presence in social media. This includes websites such as Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Google Plus, and even YouTube videos.
- Don’t overlook other ways such as hosting community events (like local chamber of commerce meetings or local reading groups) and providing or hiring live entertainment for your guests (such as musicians or a speakers).
- Develop packages to offer your guests that include tickets to local attractions, massages, wine, dessert, picnics to go, etc.
These are just some of the many ways to promote your B&B as the place guests want to visit. Your creativity and imagination is the limit.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography