B&B Social Media Success
B&B Social Media Success is the name of a Pin Board I have on the social media network called Pinterest. I pinned the pins on that board for the sole purpose of helping bed and breakfast owners successfully use social media. What I did not expect, and I was completely surprised about, was the response from those not even in the bed and breakfast industry. I currently have over 1700 followers on that board alone! What is crazy is that I did not start it more than a few months ago!
That is the power of numbers and how things can go viral fast. I highly recommend the book, “Contagious: Why Things Catch On” by Jonah Berger. Berger is the James G. Campbell Associate Professor of Marketing at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. He discusses six principles of “Contagiousness”:
- Social currency: people desire to share cool things to look good in the process
- Triggers: people talk about things cued in their environment
- Emotion: when people have high arousal emotions (like excitement or anger) they are more likely to share it
- Public: behavior that is made more public enables social influence
- Practical Value: people share things to help others (save time, save money, become more healthy, etc.)
- Story: people share memorable stories
So what can you do to have social media success and your bed and breakfast become “contagious”?
- Blog Posts (about your local area and your inn’s amenities)
- Holidays (this could even be food holidays or silly holidays)
- Pictures (inside and outside of your inn as well as of your food and events)
- Recipes (share recipes to the dishes your guests rave about the most)
- Quotes (from famous people or related to travel and vacations)
Kristi Dement of Bed and Breakfast Blogging is here to help! Contact Kristi today so you can have social media success and more guests at your B&B!
Affiliate Disclaimer: This is an affiliate link. If you click and make a purchase I will earn a commission from Amazon. I only recommend what I know and love.