Autumn Colors and Fall Foliage
The autumn colors and fall foliage at bed and breakfasts can be remarkably beautiful to take in this time of year. We would like to feature one B&B known for this season’s splendor, the appropriately named The Maple Leaf Inn of Barnard, Vermont. They are ten miles north of Woodstock, Vermont on a beautiful lake. It is an elegant Victorian style farmhouse nestled within sixteen acres of maple and birch trees.
The friendly owners, Nancy and Mike Boyle, welcome you to come anytime of the year since they are open year round. In fact, four of their bedrooms are named after the four seasons: Autumn Woods, Winter Haven, Spring Hollow, and Summer Retreat. They have seven guest bedrooms (six are pictured below) that are spacious and luxurious with all of the mattresses recently upgraded to king-size pillow top mattresses. Five of the rooms have wood-burning fireplaces and four of the rooms have whirlpool tubs.
Autumn Woods Room Winter Haven Room
Spring Hollow Room Summer Retreat Room
Country Garden Room Morning Glory Room
Guests love the special and delicious three-course gourmet breakfasts at The Maple Leaf Inn.
- driving tours and hiking tours (especially beautiful in the fall)
- horseback riding
- winter activities like cross country skiing, ice skating, downhill skiing, and snowmobile riding
- choice of champagne, wine, or sparkling cider in your room upon arrival
- two Maple Leaf Inn keepsake glasses
- a single rose bud, a bouquet of fresh flowers in a vase, or long-stemmed roses
- a box of Vermont chocolates
- a personalized Maple Leaf Inn birthday cake
Between the two of them, Nancy and Mike speak the following languages: English, Russian, German, and Italian. They enjoy conversations with guests from all over the world. Now is the perfect time to enjoy a fall vacation. If you need to hire an interim innkeeper for your bed and breakfast, you should. Nancy and Mike welcome everyone to their lovely and quiet inn set in a scenic area with lots of fun activities. See them talk about The Maple Leaf Inn in the video below.Follow B&B Blogging on Social Media