How To Easily Attract More Guests To Your Inn
How to easily attract more guests to your inn? One key component is to focus on good things to do, things to see, food to taste, places to explore, and places to go in your local area.
First, ask yourself these questions:
- Why do most people visit our local area? (ex: for a romantic getaway in a secluded area or in a bustling city with lots of culture)
- What do people like to do when they visit my area? (ex: attend a major business conference or participate in a marathon for your favorite cause)
- How could I convince someone to want to visit my area? (ex: write great content about your local area and develop a reputation for showing warm hospitality to your guests)
- Do I ask for guests to give me great online reviews? Tell guests when they arrive, that if for some reason they do not have a five star experience with you, to let them know in person how it could have been better. For the few who were disappointed, perhaps offer them an upgraded room or some other perk if they decide to return again. Make it your marketing mission to get 5 star reviews online so others will want to visit.
As you read this list, think about what you could feature in your local area:
Things to Do
- Horseback riding
- Local shopping
- Miniature golf
- Spa relaxing
Things to See
- Bird watching
- Book stores
- Sporting events
Food to Taste
- Coffee shops
- Food trucks
- Ice cream parlors
Places to Explore
- Colleges and universities
- Historical landmarks
- House hunting
Places to Go
Another important key to attract more guests is to establish relationships with these other local proprietors. Perhaps the business person will give you a reasonable deal in exchange for exclusively their particular type of business (such as using only one local florist for all of your flower arrangements). Consider putting together guest packages that include local area businesses:
- Reservations at a nearby restaurant
- Tickets to a local game
- Gift certificate to a relaxing spa (or your own spa)
When you categorize your blog posts, this allows your web visitors to easily go to the content that best fits their needs. For example, some of my blog categories include:
Write about what makes your area a destination for most people. For some, this could mean featuring local concerts at your popular entertainment venues or dishes from award-winning restaurants. If your bed and breakfast is in a place known for popular events (such as film festivals), be sure to promote that.
Write about things that make your inn unique. Give them reasons to choose your inn for their accommodations. Does your bed and breakfast have its own restaurant, horse farm, gift shop, spa, or something else? Maybe you have amenities such as hot tubs and fireplaces in private guest rooms. For those who cater to the business traveler, be sure to talk about your free wi-fi internet access as well as desks with comfortable office chairs.
In summary, write blog posts and put on social media the things that are popular in your local area as well as what makes your inn so special. Offer packages that include things only found in your area. Be sure to encourage five star reviews from your guests. This is how you will easily attract more guests to your bed and breakfast inn!
Images by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media