5 Ways to Attract More Attention Online
What can we do to grab the attention of the online world and become more visible to our internet audience? These are five ways we can attract more attention online.
1) Words–The words we use really help determine our online visibility. In the online world, fresh content is everything. We need to make a list of keywords we want associated with us and our brand. We should consistently use those keywords in our content.
2) Actions–Ever hear the phrase, “What we do speaks louder than what we say“? People observe others. Whether we want them to or not, people see actions as well as lack of taking action. For example, if we consistently receive the same negative comments online, then we know we need to take action. This is not the time for us to ignore it and hope it goes away! We should appreciate comments and respond to both positive and negative feedback.
3) Formatting–People like easy to read content. Most people don’t read word for word online. They like to scan the page.
- Use bullet points
- Add numbers
- Offer descriptive subheadings
- Make important text bold
4) Links–We should provide links to other places in our website/blog as well as outside resources. This goes a long way in showing others that we like to be helpful and provide useful information. We are more likely to be seen as leaders on our subjects.
We should ask ourselves, “What does my target audience like to see online?” When we see things from their perspective, we can be more creative. Are we using the right keywords? Are we taking appropriate action? Does our formatting make our content easy to read? Have we provided great links? Have we featured attention-getting images or video? When we can say yes to all five questions, we will attract more attention online!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography