Looking for the quick and easy way to market your bed and breakfast? Share information from our essential bed and breakfast content checklist. This can be shared on your website pages, in blog posts, in social media, in emails, in videos, and more.
Essential Bed and Breakfast Content Checklist:
- Activities: What can people do when they stay at your inn? This includes activities at the inn as well as activities at places and events in your local area.
- Amenities: What amenities do your guests have access to? Perhaps you have something as unique as a heated pool or billiards room. The picture shows a lovely outdoor area for guests to relax and hear music. Be sure to list every amenity your inn offers.
- Area: Think about why people visit your local area. Do you provide information that includes the many reasons people decide to stay at your inn?
- Associations/Ratings: Do you belong to any B&B associations that regularly inspect your inn for quality assurance? Let your guests know what professional associations you belong to as well as any ratings of distinction such as Select Registry or Historic Hotels of America.
- Blog: Do you have a blog? Blogs are great places to regularly share new information such as seasonal changes, local annual events, and more.
- Decorating: Do you have any decorating tips to share? Perhaps you could feature pictures of your decor and give ideas for how guests can make their own homes more decorative.
- Employees: No matter the size of your staff, you can share a picture of them and some fun facts about them. Include where they are originally from and a brief background like their favorite sports team, college alma mater, favorite breakfast food, favorite thing to do in your local area, etc. Also let guests know what roles they have at your inn.
- Events: This includes both activities that happen at your inn as well as local activities. Be aware of any major local activities and conferences to specifically attract those guests.
- Food: Food is so popular that entire television channels are devoted to it! Share recipes to your most popular items and share behind-the-scenes photos of preparing for breakfast. Feature your farm fresh produce.
- Fun: Highlight the fun that happens at your inn. This could feature guests (with their permission) having fun in common rooms or anywhere on your property.
- Gardening/Landscaping: Do you have award-winning gardens? Do you have attractive fountains and outdoor sculptures? Do you have hanging outdoor lights to shine at night? What is in bloom right now at your inn? Focus on seasonal changes and promote Fall Foliage if that is something your area is known for.
- Guests: Think about what types of guests you attract. If the guests tell you the reason for their visit or activities they participated in, make a note of it. Offer recommendations to local restaurants and shops.
- History: Do you have a historical inn? If so, consider sharing your B&B’s unique history. If you built your inn, share pictures of its construction and your motivation for building your own B&B.
- Holidays: Does your inn show off unique decorations with each holiday? Valentine’s Day is just one of the many holidays that bed and breakfasts can feature in blog posts and on social media. If you have any holiday-related packages, be sure to feature them during that time.
- Promotion: Consider promoting local events and businesses. You may want to feature a contest on your website and/or social media. Require those who enter your contest to enter by sharing their email address. Then you can add them to your email list.
- Publicity: Was your inn featured in a magazine or the local news? Be sure to have links to any publicity your inn receives listed on your website and share it in social media.
- Renovation: Did you renovate or redecorate any areas of your inn? Share before and after photos of any indoor or outdoor transformations. Describe the process it took to get it from the before picture to the after picture. There are lots of people who would be interested in learning how you remodeled that space.
- Success: Did you receive an award for something? Perhaps your won a local recipe contest. Maybe you received an award in your local town as an elite place to stay overnight. Be sure to include this in your content.
- Support: Do you support any charities or host charity events? Do you sponsor any local teams or events? Any community outreach you do can be featured in your content. Share pictures of the events.
This list is certainly not exhaustive. There may be other areas to promote, depending upon where you are located, the types of guests you host, and the unique accommodations you provide. The key is to regularly share new content. This makes you more visible online when people go to search for specific keywords.
Not sure what keywords you should feature? Consider using the name of your city, popular tourist destinations, popular local activities, and so on. That way if someone types in “your city name and a popular activity” they could find your content and land on your website.
Need help marketing your inn? Contact Kristi Dement of Bed and Breakfast Blogging for a free consultation. Bed and Breakfast Blogging specializes in not only blogging, but also social media marketing, email marketing, reputation management, and more.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography