Bed and breakfast promotions include marketing special deals and packages throughout the year. These opportunities include various holidays, seasons, and other special times.
This can be a chance for your bed and breakfast to stand out and show its own personality. Innkeepers who are creative and thoughtful can really improve the experiences of their guests.
The benefits of staying at a bed and breakfast include your guests getting a break, reducing their stress, and focusing on strengthening their relationships. Guests also experience the beauty of your local area as well as enjoy the luxury of your gourmet breakfasts and plush amenities.
We have talked about the advantages of offering guests special packages. Now we will concentrate on developing specific promotions. You can entice with discounts (lower price), complimentary services (free massage or tasting hour), and free upgrades (such as rooms with more amenities).
Create a Sense of Urgency and Give a Call-To-Action:
- Hurry! Offer ends…
- This weekend only!
- Back for a limited time!
- Last chance to…
Your bed and breakfast promotions can be put on your website and blog as well as social media and email marketing. If you assign promo codes, you can track how they found about the promotion. A bed and breakfast can have the same promotion, but give it different promo codes depending upon where the guest saw it. For example, if it were a patriotic holiday promotion (Memorial Day, Independence Day, or Veteran’s Day), it could have the following
Festive PROMO CODES to Identify Where They Saw Your Promotion:
- “Red, White, and Blue” (website/blog)
- “Let Freedom Ring” (Facebook)
- “Home of the Brave” (Google+)
- “Star Spangled Banner” (Twitter)
- “Lady Liberty” (Pinterest)
Guests Enjoy Holiday Promotions Throughout the Year:
- New Year: New You (could be yoga retreat or vegetarian B&B)
- Be My Valentine
- At the End of the Rainbow (St. Patrick’s Day)
- Celebrating Mom and Dad
- Thanksgiving Getaway
- December to Remember
Season Promotions Could Be Titled:
- “Spring Forward” or “Have a Spring Fling”
- “Summer Sun Adventure” or “Dog Days of Summer” (for pet friendly B&B’s)
- “Fall Back in Love” or “Autumn Leaves”
- “Winter Wonderland” or “Ski the Slopes” (for ski lodges)
Promote During Special Times:
- Last Minute Promotions (keep rooms consistently booked)
- Midweek Discounts (encourage guests to stay during the week)
- Weekend Deals (popular time for guests to visit)
Bed and breakfasts that have blogs can write a blog post to explain more of the fun details associated with your specific promotion. The fresh content from regular blog posts offers a great way to become more visible online. Greater online visibility means not only more web visitors, but also a consistent source of regular bookings. Innkeepers who do not have the time for (or interest in) writing a blog can contact Kristi Dement of Bed and Breakfast Blogging.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography