10 Terrific Twitter Tips for B&B’s
Here are some quick tips so you can get the best out of using Twitter to promote your bed and breakfast inn:
1) Know your audience in order to target your message to the right people. You want to write to appeal to your specific market–not everyone. What kind of bed and breakfast guests would you like to attract?
- Be pet friendly if you want guests with pets
- Be couple friendly and require kids to be a minimum age
- Promote being healthy by not allowing smoking on all grounds
- Accommodate guests with allergies or restricted diets when you cook breakfasts
- Reach out to those getting married or renewing their vows with ceremonies
- Provide spa services to guests who like to be pampered
- Offer extra amenities such as hot tubs or private balcony views
2) Regularly spend time listening to the needs and wants of your target market. What would ease their pain and make their lives better?
- Need time to get away from it all
- Want to relax with a loved one
- Want to visit a local relative without inconveniencing them
- Like to visit tourist spots in your area
- Want personal touch of a B&B versus big hotel
3) Have strategies behind who you follow. You do not have to follow everyone. Be selective and show your audience what they like to see.
- Travel tips (give them useful information)
- Scenic pictures of your area (entice them to visit)
- Baby animals (who does not like baby animals?)
- Recipes (you may even offer a cooking class to your guests)
- Local activities (show them what they can do in your area)
4) Have a consistent presence online. Tweet at least four to six times per day if possible.
5) Provide useful content based on your brands’ goals. Selling should not be the focus.
- Tweet powerful quotes
- Update readers about your area events
- Share meaningful stories
6) Tweet with images. People are visual creatures and tweets with pictures are more than twice as likely to be retweeted. Images can convey more than words do.
- Share pictures of the bedrooms in your bed and breakfast
- Tweet pictures of your outdoor views including landscaping
- Share pictures of your delightful breakfasts and goodies made
- Share pictures of local community events including concerts and sports games
7) Be active on other social media channels and have a blog on your website. Blogs provide fresh content the search engines love. More online connections come from having a strong presence on other social media websites.
8) Use hashtags (#) so the reach of your tweets spreads to people searching for that term. Use trending hashtags (labeled “trends”) on the bottom left. Make sure the hashtags are relevant to the tweet and two hashtags is plenty.
- Newsworthy events
- Holidays (including national food holidays)
- This day in history
- Trending area activities
9) Always have a call to action. Know what you want them to do after they read your tweet.
10) Monitor your Twitter results with other websites. Some Twitter tools are available for free or to use on a free trial basis. Try them out to see which you prefer.
- Social Bro
When you use this tips consistently, you will see a dramatic increase in your numbers:
- More Twitter followers
- More retweets
- More blog subscriptions
- More guests
- And more income!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles PhotographyFollow B&B Blogging on Social Media